Given the choices, it’s hard to believe that this itinerary is considered “budget.” Between rainforest and beach, and a dizzying variety of activities in both locales, it’s no wonder that this trip is on the most popular list.
1. La Fortuna/Arenal Volcano
2. Tamarindo Beach
La Fortuna/Arenal Volcano accommodations: Arenal Manoa Hotel – 3 nights
- Offering panoramic views of Arenal Volcano, the junior suites are roomy, airy and light, a touch of modern mingled with the rustic. Take in the view from the balcony; try out the variety of treatments in the outdoor spa; splash in the pool; enjoy the restaurant’s international cuisine. Given that Manoa Hotel is situated in the “adventure capital of Costa Rica,” this accommodation meets the traveler’s every need … and so much more.
Tamarindo Beach accommodations: Hotel Tamarindo Diria – 4 nights
- A beachfront property on the Nicoya Peninsula, the Diria is set in Tamarindo (known for world-class surfing, as well as the nesting locale for the celebrated Leatherback turtle). Three villages make up the resort that boasts four pools – including one shaped like a lagoon — with a whirlpool, 5 bars and 6 restaurants. On site, find tennis courts, an amphitheater and a casino.
*Price per person based high season tariffs & double occupancy starting at $1.411.00
*Prices based on hotel and private ground transportation (*Note: Prices do not include activities)
Activities in Arenal:
- Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling
- Whitewater Rafting Class 3-4
- Arenal Volcano Hike with dinner & hot springs
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour
- Costa Rican Cooking Class
Activities in Tamarindo Beach:
- ATV Tours
- Eco Tour
- Hiking Tour
- Horseback Riding
- Sunset Sail and Snorkel Tour